Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sea Otter Classic Circuit Race Report


CircuitRace
SeaOtter, CA  (35+45+Cat 4)
FieldSize: 29
Placing:26
StartTime: 11:22 am
Teammates:None
AverageSpeed: 20.2 MPH, Top Speed 40.3 MPH
AverageHR: 168 Max HR: 185
ElevationAscent: 919 Ft.
Weather: 73 degrees avg.  Sunny
               
                My main goal for this circuit race was to gain experience with back to back racing.  I have never race in crits or circuit racesbefore.  I got a great 45 minute warm up,but wasn’t feeling 100%.  The course wason the Laguna Seca Race Track.  A mix ofhills, corkscrews, straights, and tight 180 degree turns.  The race was times at 50 minutes.  There were over 100 of us combined betweencategories to be racing around the track. If we fell back far enough off the lead group we would get pulled fromthe race. 
                I only needed to carry onebottle of water with me.  I hung with thelarge group for 3 laps and then got dropped on the 4th climb.  I was cooked, and just settled in and enjoyed1 more lap on the circuit before I got pulled! 
                Got my two days in ofracing.  I am happy with the results andthe fact that I showed up not 100% to race. 
            
My next race is Wente RR on April 27.

Thanks to SJBC Racing!
Thanks to Voler!
Thanks to Cytomax!
Thanks for reading!