Monday, July 24, 2023

Gilroy Council Member Zach Hilton Will Seek Re-Election in 2024

“I am proud to announce that I will be seeking re-election in 2024. My vision is simple. Have a Livable Gilroy for All. We can achieve that through safe communities, local economic development, housing for all, and a quality education,“ said Council Member Zach Hilton

“Over the past six years, as former Chair of the Gilroy Bicycle Pedestrian Commission and current Gilroy City Council Member I've gained the governing experience and built the necessary coalitions within the community and region to have a seat on the Gilroy City Council. Whether it is accomplishments we made in active transportation, safe routes to school, welcoming new businesses that allow us to grow as a community, housing for all, and safe spaces for youth, the role my office plays in the community makes me proud each day,” said Council Member Zach Hilton Year-to-date my office has worked with our State and Federal legislators to secure $4.85 million for project funding that directly benefits our residents, from a bike/ped trail extension on the westside, San Ysidro Park on the eastside, and an enhanced crosswalk for senior housing on the southside. 

On behalf of my office, my student interns, and my family, I am excited for the challenges that Gilroy has to offer. There are still many things to be addressed, and I am taking them head on. Through the power of public participation, I am confident that we can get re-elected in 2024. 


Bio- At-Large Gilroy Council Member Elected in 2020. Currently a 23-year Firefighter/Paramedic with the City of Oakland. My daughter Avery (12) is a 6th grader in Gilroy public schools, and my wife Katie is a Para-Educator for Gilroy Unified School District. Katie grew up here in Gilroy and I grew up in Berkeley, CA. After meeting in 2002, getting married and living around the Bay Area, we decided to move back to Gilroy in 2012. We bought our forever home the Summer of 2015 in the middle of the city. I promise my office will always treat this Council seat as an extension of your voice. As I’ve done in the past, I will continue to bring you the decisions and actions of our City Government through social media, coverage in local press, videos, town halls, tabling at events, press releases, email, and my newsletter.

Donate Here

Press Release