Monday, March 18, 2013

Mt Diablo Challenge 2013

As many of you know I started road cycling in 2009.  I was looking for a sport that I could compete in mentally and physically.  Cycling has it all.  The Mt Diablo Challenge is a great way each year to test yourself.  In 2010 I competed with a time of 1:12:00, 2011 1:06:00, and in 2012 00:57:13.  It took me 3 years to join the "Under Hour" group.  My goal this year is sub 54:00! 

This year I will once again be taking on the Mt Diablo Challenge.   It will be on October 6, 2013.  It's an 11.2 mile ride with 3,249ft of climbing.   This year I will be trying to help raise money for Save Mt Diablo.  Please consider making a donation to Save Mt Diablo (Zachary Hilton) under my name.  It is a beautiful mountain that needs our help and support!  One of the ways they use donations is to purchase more land on Mt Diablo, and preserve it as wilderness.   

I want to thank you for donating and I promise to ride hard up that mountain for you!