Friday, March 28, 2014

BeetElite NeOSHOT Product Review

The hype on beets and their benefits for endurance training have been on the rise recently.  One company that provided me with some samples is called BeetElite from NEOGENIS Sport.  I enjoy hill climbs and time trials.  These are usually short distances and at threshold for the entire event.  I have tried BeetElite 2 times now.  Both times were on a local hill climb.  I followed the directions and yes I definitely felt the effects and saw them real time.  I train with a heart rate monitor and power meter.  One noticeable difference was that I was able to sustain the same power numbers and my heart rate was considerably lower than my threshold.  I was well rested before the ride, so that wasn't the reason my heart rate was lower.  For a racer like myself, those are the simple things I look at if a product is working for me.

I have read about this product in Bicycling Magazine, and through BeetElite's website.  I have several teammates that I am waiting to hear back from regarding their experiences with BeetElite.  I also have some TT's coming up on the race schedule.  I will update when I hear back from them.  Many forums like Training Peaks have also been writing on the benefits of beets in our training, and diets.